Friday, January 14, 2011

Edward's hat

I made my not-quite-one-year-old nephew a hat for Christmas, partly because what does a baby like anyway? and partly because his parents would certainly not have the room to shuttle toys or bulky things around.

The pattern is basically the "Flower" hat from the book "Itty-Bitty Nursery" by Susan B. Anderson, but I made it stripey and skipped the whole flower part because my sister has an antiquated view of gender roles. I put little leaves on top instead and a chain-stitched stem up the side. I have never increased before so I guess the leaves were kind of a success? They do curl up though.

Anyway, baby Edward does not like having his head covered right now and refuses to keep any hat on his head.

These pictures are terrible, but I had only my phone on hand, and the baby kept moving.

Edward's stripey hat

Edward's plant hat

No comments:

Post a Comment